PhD, LPC, LMFT
BRCCC Director since 1991
Full-time Christian Counselor since 1988
Certified EFT Therapist
- Would it be helpful to talk to someone with an objective point of view?
- Do you long for better relationships?
- Is communication the issue?
- Do you love your spouse, just not “in love”?
- Do you want a counselor who is warmly directive and says more than “And how does that make you feel?”
- Couple and Marriage Counseling
- Loss and Grief
- Self respect/esteem issues
- Communication problems
- Inhibited, low or no sex drive
- Affair recovery
- Cancer survival
- Adoption counseling and Home Studies for Adoption
- Stepfamily adjustment
- EFT (Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy)*** see below
- Dr Adam’s Office Hours
- Dr Adam’s Forms
- Initial Individual or Couple Evaluation Session: $170
- Individual 45-50 minute session: $150
- Couple 45-50 minute session: $150
- Session & a half 80 minute session: $225
- Dee accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
- Dr Adams does not take insurance but can provide a receipt for you to file with your insurance company for reimbursement
I can help you sort out your issues and help you make changes to have a more satisfying and meaningful life. My aim is to be a vehicle for God’s healing in people’s lives and relationships. If you’re not too interested in God, I won’t bring Him up, but I’ll still pray for you after your session.
In my career, I have done over 20,000 hours of counseling.
My therapy is solution-oriented as I help both women and men struggling with:
I work often with individuals, and specialize in marriage & couple counseling.
My degrees are from Ohio State, Michigan State and I received my doctorate from Florida State University in 1982. I have been on the faculty of both LSU and Louisiana Tech teaching marriage & child development classes. Also I am licensed as an
LPC – Licensed Professional Counselor
LMFT – Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
and am certified in
EFT – Emotionally Focused Therapy.
I have been married since 1980 to a wonderful man, Pete Adams. I became a Christian in Pittsburgh in 1967 through Young Life. My husband and I are long time members of the Chapel on the Campus, a nondenominational church on LSU’s campus.
Call me ….. I want to provide a safe place for you to talk!
RETURNING CLIENTS who have already set up their account to enable online appointment scheduling: Click here to schedule with Dr. Adams
Dr. Adams is the first certified EFT Therapist in Louisiana.
What IS Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT)?
The message of EFT is simple: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BOND
EFT has an astounding 70 – 75% success rate and results have been shown to last, even in the face of significant stress. Research shows approximately 90% of couples show significant improvements. In comparison, usual couples counseling is proven to be only about 20-35% effective.
Forget about learning how to argue better,
analyzing your early childhood, or
making grand romantic gestures.
Instead, recognize and admit that you are emotionally attached to and dependent on your partner (or want that safe haven) in much the same way that a child is bonded to a parent for nurturing, soothing, and protection.
EFT focuses on creating and strengthening this emotional bond by identifying and transforming the key moments that foster an adult loving relationship.
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BOND AND KNOWING HOW TO BE ATTACHED, NOT BREAK THE BOND, AND QUICKLY REPAIR IT WHEN DISTRESS OCCURS.
Stops the patterns paralyzing most couples:
EFT doesn’t take years of therapy, like other couples counseling.
EFT is a 9 STEP, short term (12-20 sessions), structured approach to couples therapy formulated by Drs. Sue Johnson and Les Greenberg.
EFT is recognized by the American Psychological Association as empirically proven. It really works.
Please click to read about Dr. Susan Johnson’s EFT book for couples “Hold Me Tight”: http://www.holdmetight.net/